Job title: Interim Director
Closing Date: 12 noon on Thursday, 31st May 2018
Organisation: Claudia Jones Organisation
Type: 6 Months
Salary: £45,500 pro rata
The Claudia Jones Organisation is a women and families charity with over 35 years’ experience of providing service in the London Borough of Hackney and surrounding boroughs. They work primarily with the Caribbean community to eliminate the worst aspects of poverty and deprivation within the community. They use a multifaceted approach, which has proven to be both powerful and effective in yielding tangible and lasting results for women and their families. The work has never been more important.
Claudia Jones Organisation's work has a strong focus on helping families to repair relationships alongside therapeutic support and violence against women and girls.
The charity wishes to recruit an Interim Director. The ideal candidate will have a minimum of 15 years’ experience working in the BME voluntary sector. The individual must be dynamic, enthusiastic and relish the prospect of leading the small and passionate team. They must also have the ability to help shape the organisation’s future in providing support to African Caribbean heritage women and their families. As Interim Director you will have strong leadership and motivational qualities including fundraising experience. You will act as the centre-point for the charity; contribute to the organisational annual planning processes and have a passion for the mission of the charity.
In light of the nature of work and focus of the Claudia Jones Organisation, the organisation considers the candidate’s race and gender, to be an occupational requirement in accordance with Paragraph 1, Schedule 9, of the Equality Act 2010.
The main purpose of this role is:
- Management and administration of the charity’s services within agreed policies and procedures including day-to-day management of staff and volunteers.
- To create clear vision and direction through leadership and expertise to Managers, and their staff teams, and as part of the wider management role within CJO.
- Contribute to the development of CJO’s strategic objectives and organisational annual planning processes, with a focus on family support and VAWG.
- Responsible for the management and annual review process of the Charity’s finance and fundraising strategy.
- Ensure that the charity operates within its constitution and fulfils its legal obligations.
- Support Trustees in their role and responsibilities ensuring that sub-committees are adequately serviced and supported.
- The production of an annual report and AGM.
- Provide regular report on services, activity, development, finance and potential risks.
- Be an Ambassador and representative of the charity and raise awareness of CJO’s work, locally and nationally through; talks, presentation and/or written reports.
- Successful fundraising experience.
- Initiate research into service users’ unmet needs in collaboration with other stakeholders including soliciting and managing applications for research. • Develop staff team, to take responsibility for the performance, quality and effectiveness of their own work/services, and for delivering integrated services.
- Work in partnership with relevant organisations, groups and individuals who share our ethos to improve the quality of life for women and their families.
- Experience of gaining quality marks.
- Ability to use case management systems for analysis and reporting.
- Proficiency in using IT i.e. Microsoft programmes to undertake your work.
How to apply: Please see website https://www.hwhpartnership.org/jobs-volunteering