The Women’s Resource Centre, through its work across the UK, has a strong understanding of the economic situation faced by women and the barriers and challenges facing those that want to become economically active.
Through this, WRC has identified the lack of support for women across the range of economic and social situations to gain the skills and confidence to enter the labour market, build strong networks, influence their working situations and learn from and collaborate with other women who they would not normally meet either professionally or socially.
The Women’s Leadership Program is a unique project that will empower women at these different stages of their life:
- Women who are outside the labour market and need to develop skills and confidence to enter into employment so they can gain financial independence.
- Women who have started in employment and want to take the next steps.
- Women who have progressed their career but wish to influence their working environment and provide support to other women through networks and mentoring.
The project will have three levels:
- the 1st level will be for women who are furthest from the labour market; women who are living in poverty, who may have experienced violence, and who face multiple forms of discrimination and barriers to entering employment. Women will gain skills in interviews, literacy, language, financial literacy and IT skills while participating in self-development workshops to increase their confidence and interpersonal skills.
- the 2nd level is for women who are moving into work, or who are already in work and looking to progress; it will be focused on empowerment through confidence and strategies to unlock ones skills.
- The 3rd level will be for women who are already in positions of power in organisations across different sectors. This level will be aimed at helping them influence the working environment and culture of the organisation to make it easier for women to work their and develop their careers.
- Women have the confidence and skills to enter into employment.
- Women will gain financial independence through employment.
- Women are connected across a range of economic situations, providing opportunities to build support networks, create role models and develop mentoring relationships.
- Women across the range of economic and social situations can gain a stronger understanding of each others situation.
- Women are able to influence the working practices and conditions of their job to make it more suitable for them and for other women.
- Our vision is of women coming together to find new ways of working; ways that value collaboration, communication and empathy, and that promote the triple bottom line of social, financial and environmental responsibility.
For more information please contact us on Telephone: 0207 697 3450 or Email: firstname.lastname@example.org.