Job title: Group Facilitator
Closing Date: Monday 26 February 2018
Organisation: Rape Crisis Surrey & Sussex
RCSAS are looking for an experienced Group Facilitator to work with women who have experienced any form of sexual violation and who have completed a year of one to one trauma therapy.
Their clients will have experienced many traumatic experiences and some of the trauma they experienced will be manifested within the group dynamics. The successful candidate will have an understanding of these projections and the resilience to facilitate these without becoming over involved. You will be able to hear and talk directly about any impact of sexual abuse including psychosexual issues, anger and shame.
Candidates will need to demonstrate at interview an understanding of family dynamics, impacts of long term sexual violence, PTSD symptoms and awareness of a sensori-motor approach to therapy.
All of the counsellors are required to complete our accredited 10 week sexual violence training, so successful candidates will need to be available on the dates that our training will be running.
This is a sessional post for 2.5 hours a week and will be paid on an hourly rate. Fortnightly supervision is mandatory. Enhanced DBS checks are required for this post.
- Degree/Diploma in Psychotherapy
- BACP Accredited or eligible
- Experience of running groups (with references)
- Willingness to complete sexual violence training
- Ability to create and maintain a safe environment where participants’ thoughts and feelings are valued and group members are treated with fairness, equity and respect.
- A commitment to the empowerment of women
- A commitment to a minimum of one year
- Group work Qualification
- Experience of working with female survivors of sexual violence
If you enjoy working in a motivated, enthusiastic, dedicated and supportive all women team, call us for an application pack on 01293 538477 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
Due to the sensitive nature of our work we will be considering female applicants only for all posts in accordance with the provisions of the Occupational Requirement (Equality Act 2010, Schedule 9 Part 1).
Salary: £38 per hour
How to apply: email email@example.com for an application pack or call 01293 538477