Data protection will change on 25 May when the new General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) comes into effect. All charities and not-for-profit organisations need to be ready to comply. Carla Whalen, an Associate in the charity law team at Russell-Cooke solicitors, will present an introduction to the GDPR touching on issues including:
- How can you lawfully collect and process services users’ personal data?
- When can you use legitimate interests to process data?
- When is consent required and how do you get it?
- Why is transparency so important and what needs to go in your privacy notices?
- When can you share information with third parties and what agreements need to be in place?
- What is direct marketing and why does it matter?
- Accountability, data breach reporting and remedial action
If you do not fulfil the above criteria the following applies:
If your organisation is a Member of WRC you will need to pay £25 for the full day
If your organisation is not a member of WRC you will need to pay £50 for the full
Please read our Training Policies about cancellations, late arrivals, etc. here.
Please note that we can only allow one participant per organisation. If there are two or more staff members wishing to participate on this training you will be placed on a waiting list and allocated a place if space is available.