Women's Resource Centre have organised for some legal training sessions to be delivered to the partnerships in collaboration with Women Commissioning Support Unit (WCSU). This specific session will be hosted by SAWN, In Oldham, Manchester.
Anthony Collins Solicitors LLP are sending two solicitors for a full day of legal training on
30 January 2018
What’s it about?
CONTRACTS AND COMMERCIAL RISKS:
- Payment terms and charitable duties.
- Liability – exclusions and limitations.
- Warranties and indemnities.
- Sub-contracting and termination.
- Recent developments – Data Protection, Modern Slavery, Transfer of Undertakings (Protection of Employment) Regulations (TUPE).
- Contractual remedies.
- Overview of the regulations and light-touch regime.
- The tender process – submitting a bid, variations, clarification questions and collaborative bids.
- Challenges – what to consider the process or outcome doesn’t ‘feel right’, plus the time limits and grounds for challenging.
What will I take away?
Each section will provide an understanding of the key terms involved in legal contracts. It will also cover what an organisation should look out for when bidding for these contracts and also what happens after such as negotiations and the risks involved.
The event will take place from 10:00 AM to 4:00 PM with 45 minutes for lunch.