Women's Resource Centre has organised a Legal Training session with Anothy Collins. This full day training will cover:
CONTRACTS AND COMMERCIAL RISKS:
- Payment terms and charitable duties.
- Liability – exclusions and limitations.
- Warranties and indemnities.
- Sub-contracting and termination.
- Recent developments – Data Protection, Modern Slavery, TUPE.
- Contractual remedies.
- Overview of the regulations and light-touch regime.
- The tender process – submitting a bid, variations, clarification questions and collaborative bids.
- Challenges – what to consider the process or outcome doesn’t ‘feel right’, plus the time limits and grounds for challenging.
Each section will provide an understanding of the key terms involved in legal contracts. It will also cover what an organisation should look out for when bidding for these contracts and also what happens after such as negotiations and the risks involved.
The event will take place from 10:00 AM to 5:00 PM with an hour break for lunch.
Location and info:
Women's Health in South Tyneside
33 Mile End Road
Tyne & Wear
Telephone: 0191 454 6959
About the Women's Commissioning Support Unit (WCSU) and the Women's Resource Centre (WRC)
WRC, as the umbrella body, is committed to having a thriving women’s sector that is able to deliver services to reduce gender inequalities, which in the current economic climate are growing. The women’s sector has a vital role to play in public service delivery, but the size and complexity of the competitive procurement processes and increasingly demanding contracts makes it difficult for smaller organisations to compete on their own.
As a result the Women’s Commissioning Support Unit (WCSU), led by Women’s Resource Centre (WRC) will work with partners in four specified locations to help local organisations enhance their ability to shape this agenda and develop specialist women consortium.
About the Event