Job title: Refuge Support Volunteer
Closing Date: 16th February 2018
Organisation: Solace Women’s Aid
Helping with the day to day running of Minerva House and providing basic support for women and children affected by domestic/sexual violence. Although based at Minerva House, you may be asked to assist at our other Barnet refuge if needed.
- Accompanying service users to appointments including appointments concerning Welfare Benefits, GP’s, Bank, Children Centres etc
- Helping to familiarise women with their new surroundings including how to access local services, register with GP etc.
- Undertaking general administrative tasks
- Assisting with/carrying out Health and Safety checks and Fire Drills as required
- Assisting with House Meetings/taking and typing up meeting minutes
- Taking minutes for internal meetings as required
- Assisting with running workshops/coffee mornings/groups/group outings
- Assisting team during holiday activities
This is not an exhaustive list.
Skills and Qualifications Required:
- Approachable with good interpersonal skills
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Reliable, good time management
- Self-motivated (able to carry out tasks unsupervised)
- Flexibility regarding variety of tasks associated with the role
- An interest in or understanding of domestic/sexual violence and its impact on women and children
Commitment minimum 3 months, 1 day per week initially; intention is to move to 2-3 days per week from April 2018
Type: Volunteer Role
Salary: Expenses Only
How to apply: Please complete the volunteer application and monitoring form found on our website to apply.
Please note that our volunteer opportunities are open to women only (exempt under the Equality Act 2010, Schedule 9, Part 1), and that these volunteer roles are exempt from the rehabilitation of offenders act 1974 and subject to enhanced DBS checks.