Female applicants only
Closing date: Monday 27th November 2017
Organisation: Kiran Support Services
Kiran Support Services provides specialist support to Asian women fleeing from domestic violence and abuse. Kiran provides refuge accommodation across two London boroughs, resettlement, outreach and advocacy support and advice services to help women make informed choices about their future. Kiran provides specialist support to children through therapeutic play activities and one to one support.
They are currently recruiting a part time Immigration Advice Worker to provide high quality advice and casework support to the women living in their refuges that have an insecure immigration status/ no recourse to public funds, and for the women accessing our outreach and advice services.
The successful candidate will manage a complex caseload and will support securing the immigration status of service users. You will be a qualified solicitor or registered with OISC at level 3 (immigration category).
You will have:
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience of providing legal advice on immigration, asylum and nationality issues with a particular emphasis on DDVC and applications for settlement under the DV rule
- A knowledge of the regulatory framework that applies to the provision of immigration advice and services
- Knowledge of the provisions of the Legal Aid Sentencing and Punishment of Offenders Act
- Knowledge of Home Office policies and guidance relating to gender based violence
- An understanding of legal and policy issues including current legislation effecting women especially Asian/ BME women experiencing DV or at risk of DV and all forms of VAWG including forced marriage, honour based violence and sexual violence
- Working knowledge of housing, welfare benefits and the criminal justice system
- Fluency in at least one South Asian language (Urdu/ Punjabi preferred)
This post is funded by Trust for London and is a fixed term contract for 3 years
Due to the sensitive nature of this role we will be considering female applicants only for this post in accordance with the provisions of the Occupational Requirement (Equality Act 2010, pursuant to schedule 9 part 1).
For a full information pack, you can apply by email, telephone or post:
By email: email@example.com
By telephone on: 020 8558 1986
By post: Kiran Support Services, 1 Russell Road, Leyton, E10 7ES
The closing date for completed applications is 5.00pm Monday 27th November 2017 for postal applications or midnight Monday 27th November 2017 for email applications.