Job title: Senior Counsellor (Female Applicants Only)
Closing Date: 10am on Tuesday 30th January 2018
Organisation: Women and Girls Network (WGN)
Women and Girls Network (WGN) is a specialist therapeutic service leading in developing and delivering innovative and effective counselling services for women and girls who have experienced all forms of gender-based violence.
They aim to ensure they are proactive in developing specialist services which meet the needs of all the women and girls who access their services. WGN seek a practitioner who will thrive in a multi-cultural feminist environment.
WGN are currently looking for a Senior Counsellor to work in collaboration with WGN’s Clinical Management Team to support the specialist counselling services. This is an exciting opportunity, working with a diverse remit to ensure quality of therapeutic provision and innovation is central to service delivery. The successful applicant will have a background in and be able to demonstrate the following:
- Experience of working within a multidisciplinary team in a VAWG specialist organisation
- Experience of providing counselling and clinical supervision
- Experience of liaising and working collaboratively with other professionals and stakeholders
- Be BACP or UKCP accredited and have experience of providing a range of counselling interventions for women who have experienced gender-based violence
- Be able to demonstrate an understanding of gender responsive approach, trauma focused, holistic therapeutic responses and multicultural competencies
- Be able to facilitate recovery and responding to a diverse client group with multiple cultural identities
This post is based across Ealing and Hammersmith & Fulham and involves travel across London
Interviews will be held on: Tuesday 13th or Wednesday 14th February 2018
Applicants who are invited to interview will be required to provide original evidence of their counselling qualifications.
Please note: if you have not received a response to your application within 4 weeks of the closing date you can unfortunately assume your application has not been successful on this occasion.
All posts are subject to satisfactory references and Enhanced DBS checks.
WGN is an equal opportunities employer.
The above post is exempt under the Equality Act 2010, Schedule 9, Part 1
Type: 35 hours per week (full-time). Job sharing applicants are welcome to apply
Salary: £34,000 per annum, pro rata
How to apply: Please visit www.wgn.org.uk/join-us/jobs to download an application pack. Completed applications should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org or posted to Human Resources, WGN, PO Box 13095, London W14 0FE (ensuring they arrive by the deadline).