Job title: x2 Female Counsellor and Group Worker’s
Closing Date: 17th March 2017 at 12 Midnight
Organisation: Ashiana Network
Ashiana are looking for a candidate:
- To work within the counselling team, delivering age and culturally appropriate counselling to women and girls between the ages of 16+ who are experiencing or have experienced domestic violence and/or sexual violence, who present with mental health, depression, emotional distress and trauma
- To make counselling accessible to isolated/hard to reach women and girls
- To and set up and provide therapeutic support groups in specific boroughs
- To provide counselling in a south Asian language
Applicants must have:
- Qualification – BACP accredited or working towards accreditation
- Minimum of post 2 years’ experience of working with women and girls effected Childhood sexual abuse, sexual violence and domestic abuse
- Over 250 hours of clinical experience
- An understanding of VAWG and the impact of trauma as well working from a trauma model and perspective
- An understanding of child protection issues
- An understanding of the specific needs of BME communities
All candidates must have fluency in at least one of the following languages: Urdu, Hindi, Punjabi, Gujarati, Bengali, Turkish or Farsi.
Some evening and weekend work is required.
Please note that we are a women only organisation and all roles are for female workers in accordance with section 7.2 (e) of the Sex Discrimination Act.
Type: x1 Full-time 35 Hours, x1 Part-time 21 Hours
Salary: £27,255 p.a. pro rata
How to apply: Application forms, Job description and person specification can be downloaded from Ashiana’s Website.
If further information is required about the post, emails can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org