Volunteer Role Description
|Volunteering title:||Women’s Building Volunteer
|Responsible to:||Partnership Development Manager
|Conditions of service:
How to Apply:
|Fridays, 3 months (with possible extension to 6)
To apply, please send your CV plus a one page cover letter explaining why you are interested in this specific focus, and how your experience and knowledge is relevant to the post, to email@example.com.
The purpose of this volunteer role is to work with the Partnership Service Manager and the Communications Team:
- To develop and strengthen a network of women’s sector organisations and stakeholders calling for a Women’s Building on the site of Holloway Prison. Including researching needs of these organisations and their contribution to communities.
- Raise the profile of the project with the general public and key stakeholders
- Compile, analysis data and research around the planning process, planning briefs, and legislation – local and national
Tasks for the Women’s Building Volunteer will include:
- Network Building
- Assist in developing and maintaining the network – organising meetings, sending out newsletter, contacting organisations to bring on board.
- Ensuring content is up to date on website
- Help create an outreach strategy, build solidarity with other similar projects
- Assist with researching the challenges and needs that the women’s sector face in London, particularly around property,
- Help write manifesto, pledges and petitions and negotiate backing
- Research and Planning
- Support in researching planning legislation and guidance
- Develop knowledge in what’s needed to develop
WRC encourages people with a wide range of abilities to apply for voluntary placements. The Project Description is designed to help you to decide if you would like to apply for this placement and to allow you to judge whether you feel that you would gain the experience you are seeking from your voluntary work.
You may have gained some of the experience and skills listed below through paid or voluntary experience. WRC aims to provide individuals with the opportunity to update existing skills and knowledge as well as gain new skills in different areas. You don’t already need to have all the experience, skills and knowledge listed below.
- Experience of building networks
- Experience of press/ communications work is desirable but not essential
- Experience of organising events is desirable but not essential
- Experience in having used MailChimp/ CharityMail or other e-news platforms
Skills and Abilities
- Excellent analytical skills and attention to detail
- Strong writing and proof reading skills
- Research and policy analysis
- Excellent skills in organising and prioritising a complex workload and working to tight deadlines
- Excellent keyboard skills and experience of using databases, internet search engines and Microsoft Office with at least an intermediate level of competence in the use of Word, Excel and Outlook
- Ability to be self-servicing for most administrative responsibilities
- Commitment to upholding the values, policies and procedures of the Women’s Resource Centre and in particular, a commitment to equality of opportunity
To apply, please send your CV plus a short paragraph explaining why your passion, experience and knowledge are relevant to the post, to firstname.lastname@example.org.