Job title: Female Housing Support & Advice Worker
Closing Date: 17th March 2017 at 12 Midnight
Organisation: Ashiana Network
Ashiana are looking for a candidate:
- To work with service users living at the refuge to ensure their needs are being met, through effective advocacy, providing practical support and working with a range of relevant statutory and voluntary agencies, in line with our agreed practices and procedures
- To provide Pan-London Housing advice and casework in the Advice Team in order to support to women (aged 16+) affected by all forms of VAWG, achieving positive outcomes
- Identifying and developing strong partnerships and links across London voluntary and statutory housing providers to improve housing options for service user
Applicants must have:
- Experience of working with BME women and girls that have been subjected to violence, homelessness and welfare rights issues is essential
- Good communication skills, both verbally and in writing
- Ability to foster supportive, professional relationships with service users
- Ability to prioritise workload, work on your own initiative, work under pressure and meet tight deadlines as necessary
All candidates must have fluency in at least one of the following languages: Urdu, Hindi, Punjabi, Gujarati, Bengali, Turkish or Farsi.
Some evening and weekend work is required.
Please note that we are a women only organisation and all roles are for female workers in accordance with section 7.2 (e) of the Sex Discrimination Act.
Type: Full-time 35 Hours
Salary: £27,255 p.a. pro rata
How to apply: Application forms, Job description and person specification can be downloaded from Ashiana’s Website.
If further information is required about the post, emails can be sent to email@example.com