Job title: Female Group Worker
Closing Date: 17th March 2017 at 12 Midnight
Organisation: Ashiana Network
Ashiana are looking for a candidate:
- To provide effective group work support, advice and advocacy primarily to BME women who are experiencing VAWG
- Develop and facilitate support group sessions for women and girls
- Deliver workshops for young people
- Undertake face-to-face work in the community, raising awareness of VAWG and promoting Ashiana’s services
Applicants must have:
- Experience of planning, developing and delivering workshops, support groups
- Experience of advocacy, advice and support for BME women who have experienced VAWG
- Good communication skills, both verbally and in writing
- Ability to prioritise workload, work on your own initiative, work under pressure and meet tight deadlines as necessary
- Excellent knowledge and understanding of VAWG, particularly within BME communities
All candidates must have fluency in at least one of the following languages: Urdu, Hindi, Punjabi, Gujarati, Bengali, Turkish or Farsi.
Some evening and weekend work is required.
Please note that we are a women only organisation and all roles are for female workers in accordance with section 7.2 (e) of the Sex Discrimination Act.
Type: Full-time 35 Hours
Salary: £27,255 p.a. pro rata
How to apply: Application forms, Job description and person specification can be downloaded from Ashiana’s Website.
If further information is required about the post, emails can be sent to email@example.com